There is a 3-year postdoc opening in our group. The project is about computer simulation on self-assembly of anisotropic colloids and/or dynamic assembly of active/driven matter. We will offer internationally highly competitive remuneration and a multidisciplinary research environment.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a short description of yourself to email@example.com. The candidate should have a PhD degree in a related field by the beginning of the postdoc appointment. The related fields would be physics, chemistry, materials, chemical engineering, (computational) mathematics, etc.
Opportunities of postdoc fellowships:
1. Presidential postdoctoral fellowship NTU
2. Lee Kuan Yew postdoctoral fellowship
3. Eric and Wendy Schmidt AI in Science Postdoctoral Fellowship
4. HFSP postdoctoral fellowship
5. The Branco Weiss Fellowship (Deadline : January)
There will be a PhD opening for 2024 August intake in my group in Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore.
Our group focuses on theoretical soft matter physics using numerical techniques, e.g. Monte Carlo, molecular dynamics, Brownian dynamics simulations, etc., and theoretical techniques, e.g. (dynamic) mean field theories and linear response theories, etc. The projects we are working on now span from the programable assembly of DNA coated building blocks to the non-equilibrium dynamic assembly of active colloids and various phase transitions in 2D systems and self-assembly of biomimetic systems. For details, please contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org or check the website: https://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/r.ni.
The project for the new PhD student will be likely on something new, and we hope the PhD student will be able to open a new direction in addition to the present focus of the group. Possible directions could be hydrodynamic simulation and/or theory of active matter or deep learning assisted sampling of disordered systems or something else mutually agreed. Therefore, we are looking for highly motivated candidates, and we will offer internationally highly competitive remuneration and a multidisciplinary research environment.
To apply, please send your CV and a short description of yourself to email@example.com. The candidate applying for the PhD position should have a bachelor/master degree in a related field by the beginning of the PhD study. The related fields would be physics, chemistry, materials, chemical engineering, (computational) mathematics, etc.
1. For PhD Research Scholorships in NTU
TOEFL: > 100 or IELTS: > 6.5
GRE: V > 149, Q > 149, AW > 3.5, total GRE V+Q > 319.
If you couldn’t meet some of the requirements, we can try to justify to the graduate school for the admission.
2. International students from Europe, America or other English speaking countries can also apply for the SINGA PhD scholarship to work in our group, for which there is NO restrictive requirement for GRE or TOEFL.
3. Singaporean students and international students intending to take up Singapore citizenship can also apply for the A*Star Graduate Scholarship to work in our group.
4. Students from Commonwealth countries (except Singapore) can apply for the Commonwealth Scholarship to do a PhD in our goup.
Monthly salary (nett):
before qualify exam: S$2200
after qualify exam: S$2700
Visiting PhD students
For Chinese students who are willing to apply for the visiting PhD support of China Scholarship Council (CSC) to work in our group, please contact Prof. Ni (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CV and research plans.