The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and the National University of Singapore (NUS). The PhD training will be carried out in your chosen laboratory at A*STAR research institutes, NTU or NUS. Upon successful completion, you will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU or NUS.
This award is for international applicants seeking admission to pursue a full-time PhD programme at NTU.
Successful applicants for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) will receive their PhD training in their chosen laboratory at A*STAR research institutes or NTU. Upon successful completion of their course, they will be conferred a PhD degree by NTU.
• Open to all international students
• Excellent academic results to be in the top 20% of your cohort
• Graduate with a passion for research and excellent academic results
• Good skills in written and spoken English
• Good reports from two academic referees
There is no bond attached to the scholarship.
Terms of Award
As a recipient of the scholarship, you will be given support for up to 4 years of academic pursuit, leading to a PhD degree in NTU. You will receive:
• Full tuition fees
• Monthly stipend of $2000 and will be increased to $2500 upon confirmation
• One-time $1000 settling-in allowance
• One-time airfare grant of $1500
For those under scholarships, the terms for the SINGA scholarship are being reviewed. Revised terms of the scholarships will be implemented from the January 2013 intake onwards.
These fall broadly under two categories:
Biomedical Sciences; and
Physical Science and Engineering
NTU supervisors and projects
College of Science
• Biological Sciences (SBS)
• Physical and Mathematical Sciences (SPMS)
College of Engineering
• Chemical and Biomedical Engineering (SCBE)
• Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE)
• Computer Engineering (SCE)
• Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)
• Material Sciences and Engineering (MSE)
• Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE)
• Submit your application using the online application form.
Please do not send applications to NTU. Once you are shortlisted, you will then be notified to apply online to NTU. For further enquiries on the scholarship, please email to Admissions (Research) (email: Admission_Research@ntu.edu.sg).