Ph.D. (Chemical Engineering), The University of Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
B.S. (Chemistry), Nankai University, Tianjin, China
- H. Song, S. Payne, M. Gray, and L. You. “Spatiotemporal modulation of biodiversity in a synthetic chemical-mediated ecosystem”, Nature Chemical Biology, 5, 929–935 (2009)
- F. Balagadde, H. Song, J. Ozaki, C. H. Collins, M. Barnet, F. H. Arnold, S. R. Quake, and L. You. “A synthetic Escherichia coli predator-prey ecosystem”, Molecular Systems Biology, April 15 (2008).
Faculty 1000 recommended; highlighted by Nature Reviews Genetics (Volume 9, 417, June 2008)
- C. Smith, H. Song, and L. You. “Signal discrimination by differential regulation of protein stability in quorum sensing”, Journal of Molecular Biology 382, 1290-1297 (2008).
- H. Song, and L. You. “Evolving sensitivity”, ACS Chemical Biology, 1(11):681 (2006)
- C. Tan, H. Song, J. Niemi, and L. You. “A synthetic biology challenge: making cells compute”, Molecular Biosystems 3: 343 – 353 (2007).
- H. Song, P. Smolen, E. Av-Ron, D. Baxter, and J.H. Byrne. “Dynamics of a Minimal Model of Interlocked Positive and Negative Feedback Loops of Transcriptional Regulation by CREB Proteins”, Biophysical Journal 92: 3407-3424 (2007).
- H. Song, P. Smolen, E. Av-Ron, D. Baxter, and J.H. Byrne. “Bifurcation and Singularity Analysis of a Molecular Network for the Induction of Long-Term Memory”, Biophysical Journal 90:2309-2325 (2006).
- P. Hamillton, H. Song, and D. Luss. “Design of dual-site supported metallocene catalysts for synthesis of bimodal polyolefins”, AIChE Journal 53:687-694 (2007).
- H. Song, and D. Luss. “Impact of Initiation and Deactivation on Melting during Gas-Phase Olefin Polymerization”, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 43(16):4789-4795 (2004).
- H. Song, and D. Luss. “Bounds on operating conditions leading to melting during olefin polymerization”, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 43(2):270-282 (2004).