- C.C. Chan , W. Jin, A.B. Rad, M.S. Demokan, “Simultaneous measurement of temperature and strain: An artificial neural network approach”, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 10, pp. 854-856, 1998.
- C.C. Chan , W. Jin, H.L. Ho and M.S. Demokan, “Performance analysis of a time-division-multiplexed fiber Bragg grating sensor array by use of a tunable laser source”, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics on Quantum Electronics, vol. 6, no.5, pp.741-749, 2000.
- C.C. Chan, C.Z. Shi, W. Jin and D.N. Wang, “Improving the wavelength detection accuracy of FBG sensors using an ADALINE network”, IEEE Photonics Technology Letter, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 1126-1128, 2003.
- K.M. Tan, C.M. Tay, S.C. Tjin, C.C. Chan and H. Rahardjo, “High relative humidity measurements using gelatin coated long-period grating sensors, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, vol. 110, no. 2, pp. 335-341, 2005.
- X. Dong, P. Shum, C.C. Chan, and X. Yang, “FSR-Tunable Fabry-Perot Filter with Superimposed, Chirped Fiber Bragg Gratings” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 184-186, 2006 .
- X. Dong, P. Shum, C.C. Chan, and N.Q. Ngo, “Multiwavelength Raman fiber laser with a continuously-tunable spacing”, Optics Express, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 3288-3293, 2006.
- K.M. Tan, C.C. Chan, S.C. Tjin and X.Y. Dong “Embedded long period fiber grating bending sensor”, Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, vol. 125, pp.267-272, 2006.
- J.J. Liang, P.N. Suganthan, C.C. Chan and V.L. Huang, “Wavelength detection in FBG sensor network using tree search dynamic multi-swarm particle swarm optimizer”, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters,vol.18, no. 12, pp. 1305-1307, 2006.
- J. Wu, D.Y. Tang, L.M. Zhao, and C.C. Chan, “Soliton polarization dynamics in fiber lasers passively mode-locked by the nonlinear polarization rotation technique”, Physical Review E, vol. 74, no. 4, 2006.
- J. Kong, D.Y. Tang, C.C. Chan, J. Lu, K. Ueda, H. Yagi and T. Yanagitani, “High Efficiency 1040-nm and 1078-nm Laser Emission of Yb:Y 2O 3 Ceramic Laser with 976-nm Diode-pumping”, Optics Letters, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 247-249,2007.
- J. Sun, C.C. Chan, X.Y. Dong and P. Shum, “High resolution biochemical sensor by using photonic bandgap fiber”, submitted to Journal of Biomedical Optics (in press) .