Obtaining visa for Singapore
Who Needs Visa for Entry into Singapore (contact Email: wlzhang@SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg if further inquiries are needed).
Generally, foreigners who do not require visas for entry and are visiting Singapore as tourists, may be given up to 30-day social visit passes upon their arrival in Singapore. Please check here on countries that require a visa to enter Singapore.
Apply for Entry Visa
Visa and Entry Requirements for Foreigners
All visitors to Singapore must meet the following entry requirements:
1.Valid travel document (minimum validity = 6 months);
2.Onward / return ticket;
3.Entry facilities to next destination;
4.Sufficient funds to stay in Singapore and
5.Visa for Singapore (if applicable *)
* For details on entry visa requirement, please visit the Singapore Immigrations and Checkpoints Authority Website at:
Visa Application Document(s) – Forms V39A and V52 Request
Participants who require entry visa should complete their registration payment online first, before sending in their request for Forms V39A and/or V52. The documents (Form V39 and/or V52) will be prepared and sent to participants by email and airmail.
To request an invitation letter, please contact
Dr. ZHANG Wali email: wlzhang@SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg
with the subject: "Request for Invitation Letter For Entry Visa Application". In the email, please provide us with the following details in order for the necessary documents to be prepared for you.
- Name (as it appears in passport)
- Passport Number
- Country of Departure
- Mailing Address (postal address complete with country and postal code to ensure delivery of the original documents to you)
- Fax Number
Participants can then use the document(s) to apply for the entry visa from their nearest Singapore Embassy or Consulate Office.
For the list of Embassy or Consulate, please visit: http://www.mfa.gov.sg/2006/smw/idx_smw_omw.html
- This request service will end on <01 June2012> as it takes time for the document to be processed and for you to submit your application to the relevant agency. After this date, it may be too late for the documents to be prepared for you for application submission.
- Documents will only be issued to participants who have completed your registration payment
- The average response time to your request is three (03) working days. If you do not receive a reply from us after 3 working days, please resend your email.
- Scanned copies will be sent to you by email first, followed by originals sent by standard airmail *.
- Depending on the postal delivery schedule from Singapore to your country, it may take 7 to 14 days before the documents reach you.
- We regret that we do not send the documents by courier or express delivery.